Is the month over yet? It’s felt like a long January this year, friends, but in this week’s Sunday Morning Tea, I’m here to remind you that scaled-back goals can be your friend and February is always there as a fresh start.
What I’m sipping (and sipping out of!):
Tea: Lover’s Leap from Smith Tea. This Ceylon blend has a lot going on! It’s fragrant, floral, and complicated. Great for when you can really give a cup your attention.
Cup: I bought this adorable Toucan “surprise” teacup from Marie-Claude Roch on Etsy, along with panda, alpaca, sea turtle, and fruit bat versions! – for my kids for Christmas a few years ago. She’s only got a couple available right now, but that hippo is awfully cute.
What we discussed:
- Scaling back expectations and February fresh starts. I asked my personal trainer through the Future app to scale back my workouts from 35-40 minutes 3X week, to 10 minutes or less daily. Since then, I’ve had no trouble keeping up. Sometimes the answer isn’t completely throwing in the towel, but creating a new goal that’s more manageable – and waiting to start again when life allows is completely acceptable, too! The Reinvent Midlife community is rebooting our month-long yoga challenge in February – and you can do that too!
- Our progress on the Upper Peninsula bookstore project. Follow @PaperMillBooks for the latest!
- Great boots for snow and cold. I did a little show-and-tell of my Gwen Tall Boot from Vionic and my Chloe boot from Baffin. Both are recommended in my winter walking gear guide.
- Last week’s episode of the Mother of Reinvention podcast featured Kristen Chase, discussing the process of writing her first novel A Thousand Miles To Graceland, plus midlife dating, parenting teenagers, mother-daughter relationships and more.
- Coming up in the Reinvent Midlife community on February 2 – a Neurosculpting workshop with practitioner Emily Huber!
- Want to hear more from me? New emails come out every Monday – join now.