When it comes to making a home, there’s a big difference between decorating/designing it and simply learning to live comfortably and happily in it. In this edition of Sunday Morning Tea I share some of my musings about the huge industry that’s grown around the pressure to keep up with trends in design and how disconnected that can be from what it means to actually live happily and functionally in a space.
Watch the conversation on Instagram, and check out the links below to some of the products I discussed (note: the brands below are affiliate partners. If you click one of my links and make a purchase, you’ll support my work! Yay!)
- Do You Really Want A New Kitchen Counter? By Amanda Mull for The Atlantic
- The reel I posted about my retro kitchen
- And another post about how a small change in my living room made a big difference
- DAVIDsTEA – Almost everything in the shop is on sale, including the teapots and mugs I feature so often. It looks like the mug I was drinking out of today may be sold out, but look at this beauty – would be such a great gift!
- Up With Earl by Modestine Tea – One of my fave Earl Grey blends. It’s delicate and smooth, easy to drink unadulterated, and smells so good in the mug! Laura, Modestine’s owner, was also a guest on the Mother of Reinvention Show a while back.
- Coop – This is hands-down the best pillow I’ve EVER had and cured me of chronic neck pain. Eric got me the Original and I am buying two more. Up to 40% off sitewide through 11/27.
- Hatch – Sunrise clocks have revolutionized my mornings, and the Hatch Restore offers fun features like app-controlled morning and bedtime routines, customizable color schemes, and more. Save up to $30 through Tuesday.