In this Sunday Morning Tea, I chat honestly about how hard it can be to let holiday traditions evolve as kids get older, especially as a divorced mom. Yes, you may disappoint someone – and that’s OK. Tune in for a fun conversation about “spreading the joy” throughout the holiday instead of making the entire season about a singular gift-opening extravaganza, as well as some Advent calendars that will be adding joy to my household’s holiday this year. Watch Sunday Morning Tea here and check out the links below to the products I shared.
Simpson & Vail:
- Today I’m sipping the Charles Dickens Black Tea Blend from Simpson & Vail’s line of Literary Teas. It’s a smooth and slightly-sweet Sunday sipper, perfect for a gift for a book-loving friend. (I also wrote up this tea in the Scents & Sips column in my Nov/Dec 2022 issue of REINVENT Magazine!)
- 24 Days of Tea Advent Calendar – as shown in the video
- I love both the Ski Trip Perfect Mug (shown in the video) and the Cottages Perfect Mug. The Perfect Mugs come with an in-mug strainer and lid/saucer combo which I love for keeping my tea warm while I’m running around in the morning. Both these mugs are on sale, plus there’s an early Black Friday deal going: buy one get one 50% off certain products. Also check out DAVIDsTEA’s list of gifts under $40.
- I got myself the Stitch a Day Advent Calendar and can’t wait to indulge in a small embroidery project every day leading up to Christmas.
- Check out this cool Holiday Scratch-Off Playlist Advent calendar – also great for teens.
- I picked up the Dolly Parton Advent Calendar, Harry Potter Advent Calendar, and Popcorn Advent Calendar this year – these are all on sale right now!
OSEA Gift With Purchase:
It’s not related to Advent calendars, but the clean skincare line, OSEA, has an amazing deal going on right now that I wanted to make sure you knew about. This brand makes up most of my morning and night skin-care routine and I love it. They’re offering a FREE Full Size Hyaluronic Skin Serum (which I use daily!) if you spend $150 AND a free travel-sized Ocean Cleanser and Undaria Algae Body Butter if you spend $250. Use code TEASMADE for 10% off your first order.
Some of my favorite OSEA products for winter:
- Advanced Protection Cream – a daily staple over here. Amazing hydration.
- Gua Sha Glow Duo – an easy way to get started with Gua Sha facial massage, and a fun gift.
- Vitamin C Enzyme Polish – I use this 1-2X weekly and it’s amazing. Very even, but still gentle, exfoliation.
- Seaglow Overnight Serum – A fantastic 1-2X week treatment.
- Essential Hydrating Oil – also great for Gua Sha!
- Ocean Cleansing Milk – a nice winter alternative to foaming cleansers.
Also, I forgot to mention in the video, but my mile-a-day walking challenge wraps up this coming Wednesday. I do, however, plan to continue walking outdoors all winter long! Here’s my list of essential gear to keep me warm outside as the temperatures drop.