What does it mean to live in alignment? It could be literal: standing up straight, with your body’s skeletal and muscular systems properly lined up. Or it could be figurative: doing and saying the things that “line up” with your values and goals. This discussion with Zeena Dhalla, founder of VerticAlign Posture Coaching, is a lesson in both. Zeena has a fascinating story of many pivots, from working in the entertainment industry to going from “barely active” to running a marathon, to becoming a fitness instructor and eventually, a gym owner; to writing a book and now focusing her career on posture and ergonomics. Along the way, Zeena and her husband adopted a toddler from India, which required her to pivot again as she worked to align her career with her family responsibilities. The through-line in Zeena’s story: when you focus on aligning your actions with your values, you’ll run into less resistance and opportunities will open up – when they’re supposed to.
Prep Dish is a subscription-based meal planning service catering to Keto, Gluten-Free, and Paleo lifestyles. Now featuring SUPER FAST menus with included grocery lists: shop once, do an hour of prep whenever you have time, and you’ll enjoy healthy, delicious meals all week long.
Sign up at PrepDish.com/MOR to get your first 2 weeks FREE.
Zeena Dhalla is founder of VerticAlign Posture Coaching and a proud posture geek. Zeena graduated from Northwestern University. She has been featured as a writer and fitness model by by OC Squeeze, OC Metro, OC Register, as well as, on the television show Daybreak OC. She was also featured in Pilates Style Magazine as the Author and Model for ‘Pilates for Baby Boomers’. Zeena has served on the Board of Director for the National Association for Women Business Owners. Since becoming a mom to her daughter that she and her husband adopted from Kolkata in 2008, Zeena has focused on maintaining a balance between work and motherhood.
- If you’re like most people who spend hours sitting at a desk or looking down at your phone, you may be seeing changes in your posture like slumped or rounded shoulders, resulting in feeling back or neck pain that you can’t seem to fix on your own. Visit VerticAlign to see if Zeena and her team can help make you comfortable again!
- You can find Zeena’s book, Sculpt and Shape: The Pilates Way here.
- Lastly, for all things, Zeena, you can also visit her personal website, www.zeenadhalla.com where you can find additional resources and to see what she is up to lately. And be sure to look for her on Instagram @zeenadhalla.
- Meagan would love to hear from you! Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to say hello.
- And if you’d like to find out more about some of Meagan’s favorite products, head over to the MOR Faves page at MORfaves.com!