Ready to kick your writing career to the next level?
This eight-week class includes everything in Get Pitching, Get Published! plus another four weeks of individualized instruction, inspiration and mentoring for the student who is ready to launch her freelance writing career.
After Get Pitching, Get Published! comes to an end, a smaller group will continue on together for an intensive, focused experience based on students’ individual needs and goals. Students will have the opportunity to meet (virtually) with Meagan weekly for discussion, feedback, and goal-setting. Standard handouts will be replaced by individualized assignments and feedback from Meagan on up to two queries, essays, or short articles.
Some topics that will be covered:
- In-depth exploration of different income-producing options: monetizing a blog, writing for magazines, traditional book publishing, ebooks and self-publishing, regular blogging jobs, corporate/business writing, etc.
- Guidance in the craft of writing stronger essays, articles, blog posts, and pitches
- Detailed discussion of time management, goal-setting, and balancing a freelance career with parenthood
- How to define success on your own terms and create a writing life that works for you and your family
- Each student in the Writing Intensive will receive a 45-minute private mentoring session with Meagan, via phone or chat, to be scheduled at a time that works for both parties.
By the end of the series, students will have had the opportunity to create their own roadmap to writing success.
This class is limited to 8 students for a truly intimate and individualized experience and plenty of one-on-one attention.
Cost: $550 (includes both Getting Started + Writing Intensive together.) Tuition may be paid in two installments, with the balance due February 23.
This class has been very popular in the past, so don’t wait to sign up!
Questions about the class? Contact Meagan at firstname.lastname@example.org
Class starts on Monday, February 2 with Get Pitching, Get Published, which runs for four weeks. The Writing Intensive portion of the class will start on Monday, March 2 and run for four weeks. Group chats with Meagan will be held on Wednesdays from 9:00 – 10:00 PM EST. Group chats are not mandatory and transcripts will be available to read afterward. Class discussion will be ongoing in a private online space.
If you are an experienced writer who already knows “the basics”, this class is still a great option for you. You’ll have an opportunity to brush up on your basic skills during the first half of the class, but during the intensive second half of the class you’ll have the opportunity to work closely with Meagan at a level that fits your experience and skills.