Registration for BEYOND is now closed. Please join my email community and I’ll let you know as soon as the next event is planned!
What’s getting between you and the life you want to create?
Give yourself the time, space, and gentle encouragement to find out.
BEYOND is an opportunity for you to stretch your wings as a woman, temporarily setting aside your roles as wife, worker, mother, etc to focus on yourself, your dreams and what you want to prioritize and accomplish this year and beyond.
Set in beautiful Southwest Michigan along the shores of Lake Michigan, BEYOND is your chance to re-charge, re-energize, re-discover your real self. It’s your chance to visualize the life you want to create, and take concrete steps to make it reality.
- Two nights’ accommodations in a comfortable and charming B&B-style inn in a serene wooded setting along Lake Michigan.
- Healthy, delicious meals that you won’t have to cook yourself. We are happy to accommodate many dietary needs!
- Guided yoga and meditation sessions
- Free time and cozy spaces to curl up with a cup of tea, dream, draw, read, write, knit, have inspiring conversations…you can create the experience you want to have.
- Workshops on time management, organization, creativity, professional and personal development, and juggling all the demands on your life, led by authentic, compassionate leaders.
- Plenty of opportunity for connecting with other women in a welcoming, low-stress environment.
- Because of the small size of the group (registration is limited to 20 attendees), there will be plenty of opportunity to talk one-on-one with Meagan and other retreat leaders. But to guarantee personal attention and the opportunity to ask more private questions, we’ll also schedule a 20-minute one-on-one mentoring session with Meagan and each attendee – an opportunity to ask for advice, share more private questions or concerns, and get feedback on anything from building a creative business to making time for yourself as a mom.
BEYOND will be held in B&B-styled lodgings in the New Buffalo, MI area. New Buffalo is 75 miles from Chicago and offers easy travel to and from both Midway and O’Hare airports. If you’re flying into Chicago you’ll have several transportation options, including renting a car, hiring a towncar, or taking the bus or train. If you fly in and out of South Bend, we are happy to arrange pickup and drop-off service for you. We will work with you to help you choose the best method of transportation for your needs.
We are currently finalizing lodgings and will select the final location based on availability and registration turnout. No matter where we choose, here’s what you can expect:
- A comfortable, intimate inn in a serene wooded setting along Lake Michigan – especially gorgeous in early fall.
- Your own room (have a friend who wants to bunk up with you? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss a special rate.)
- Modern amenities with rustic charm
- Plenty of cozy corners and nooks for private conversation and reflection
We will have more information about the exact location soon – it’s my priority to make sure the location we choose is the perfect venue to create an intimate, inspiring, and relaxing weekend. To give you an idea of the kind of accommodations you can expect, here are photos from the locations we’re considering.
BEYOND is an all-inclusive retreat: you’ll get meals and snacks from Friday hors d’oeuvres through Sunday lunch, a private room for two nights, all workshops and speakers, yoga, and all other group activities for one price of $697.
BEYOND is an investment, though if you break down the value of all that’s included, we’re confident you’ll realize it’s an awesome deal! We chose to make the event all-inclusive to simplify everything for you and drastically reduce “surprise” costs and the feeling of being nickeled and dimed – something nobody loves, right?
We will be offering one scholarship late this summer after regular registration has closed, so if the price is outside of your reach, keep your eye on the blog for more information. I do want to stress that the scholarship will be granted to someone who could otherwise truly not afford to attend.
For years, we’ve talked about the importance of setting aside time, space, and energy for ourselves as women beyond our roles of wife, mother, and caretaker, and how crucial it is to fill our own cups before we can really be present for the other people in our lives. For years, we’ve connected here in this space. Now let’s take the next step together and really get to know one another in a relaxing, inspiring, and welcoming environment, while granting ourselves the time, quiet, and focus we need.